Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Relying on the Savior

Med school feels hectic and stressful sometimes, but oh how important it is to stop and realize that we are not alone. I have learned more than ever before to rely on my Savior Jesus Christ through the tough times. I remember a few weeks back walking home at the end of a hard day, which had also been a hard week. I felt like I was falling behind in my studies and had just done really bad on a test. I started thinking, "Heavenly Father, why is this so hard?" Just then I turned the corner and saw a beautiful rainbow! I thought, "Wow! God really does care about me!" But just as I though those words, it started to DOWNPOUR!!! I was soaked in a matter of seconds! I then said aloud, "You have got to be kidding me!" And ran home soaked and miserable. It took me a couple of days, though, to realize the valuable lesson God was trying to teach me: HE DOES CARE! But he also gives us trials to make us stronger! The rainbow was God's way of telling me at that moment that He knows me and that He cares about me. He knows how hard medical school is, but the downpour was to teach me that there will always be trials. But God still cares and will always put "rainbows" along our path. Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know us personally. They know us by name. They also know exactly what our struggles are. It is so important to rely on them during the tough times, and to be thankful during the good times.

I am reminded of this scripture from the Book of Mormon in 2 Ne. 31:19 "for ye have not come this far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save."

No matter where you are in your life, I hope that you can think about how you can rely more upon our Savior Jesus Christ. I will be doing the same here in my second semester of medical school!

This video inspired my thoughts:

3 comments:

  1. Presenting good experience of your work.....! will share to my circle.

    Usmle Tutor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really important topic to point out. thanks for sharing


    MedQuest Step 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am visiting this site first time, this article has nice informative..

    Dr Najeeb Lectures

    ReplyDelete